31 Oct Common Causes and Simple Remedies for Back Pain
Back pain is something that can prevent you from doing your usual task. It can reduce your productivity and can make living very uncomfortable. There are a lot of reasons why you have back pains. Mostly, the reasons why you experience back pain is quite simple and can be easily remedied. However, if the pain persists for quite a long time or is no longer bearable, it may indicate that you are suffering from a major condition.
- Common causes
The following are some of the common causes which may be the reason why you are suffering from back pain.
- Muscle strain – one of the most common causes of back pain. Muscle strain is the tearing of the muscle in the back, which causes pain and discomfort. It is often caused by sudden application of force to your muscles. Stronger muscles may be more resistant to tearing compared to poorly built muscles. It is often characterized by pain, swelling of the affected area and spasm.
- Poor posture – this is another cause of back pain which is quite common, especially for people who usually slouch or sit on a chair without proper posture. Being in an awkward posture for a prolonged period of time, like slouching in a chair while using your computer for several hours, can place a lot of stress into your back muscles. The increase in stress results to discomfort and pain.
- Overweight – if you are overweight, you place more tension on the muscle on your back and on your spine. The increase in tension can cause pain and discomfort on your back.
- Simple remedies
When you are experiencing back pains due to simple muscle tears, or tension on your back. There are some simple remedies in which can help you alleviate the pain.
- Massage – this involves the manipulation of your muscle tissue on the back. This can help soothe muscle pains and cramps which are caused by muscle tightness. Your muscles can tighten and create knots when they are overused causing pain and discomfort. Through the different hand strokes involved in different massage techniques, it can help relax the muscles on your back. At the same time, massage can improve the blood circulation going into the massaged area. It can help promote tissue repair, especially if you are suffering from pain due to torn muscle tissues.
- Exercise – by doing a routine exercise, you can improve the strength of your muscles on the back. An exercise can help your muscles become more resistant to tearing and more flexible. Doing regular exercises can also be beneficial if you are overweight and would want to lose some pounds. By doing so, you can decrease the tension that you are putting on your spinal column.
- You should remember that these simple remedies can help relieve the discomfort and pain of some common causes of back pain. However, if you are experiencing chronic and intense pain, it is advised that you consult your doctor to avoid serious complications or to treat the underlying cause medically.